· Ethiopia and the State of Qatar are enjoying commercial, cultural and people to people ties. An agreement was reached to upgrade their relations to the level of embassy. As a result in July 1995 Ethiopia and Qatar opened Embassy in Doha and Addis Ababa respectively.
· The exchange of high-level government officials visits over the past few years show the growing cooperation between the two countries. A number of agreements have been signed between the two countries during these visits. Effective implementation of these agreements and MOU is expected to further strengthen trade, Investment, tourism and people to people relations as well as development cooperation between the two countries.
· Ethiopia has a firm commitment to enhance the existing bilateral ties between the two countries and map out other areas of cooperation to utilize the untapped potentials that exist between the two countries.
· The two countries have trade relations and Qatari investors are also showing interest to invest in various sectors in Ethiopia.
· Ethiopian nationals residing in Qatar are estimated to be around 31,000. The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the Government of the State of Qatar have signed labor agreement.